Tuesday, December 13, 2011

So this is Christmas

So, Christmas is coming up very fast. Holy crap! It seems like only yesterday it was the 4th of July. Now that a lot of the birthdays are out of the way (only one more to go) we can now focus on one of the most special times of the year. Thankfully not only does my family get to celebrate Christmas, we also get to celebrate Chanukah. Being able to celebrate two wonderful holidays is an amazing experience. As we put up our CHRISTMAS TREE (not holiday tree, not pine tree, it's CHRISTMAS TREE damn it! and don't change it!!!!) we also put up ou r Menorah, it is a wonderful sight to see.


A lot of people become excited for Christmas for the presents and food etc., and I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited for those things also, but I find that now that we are going through an economic hardship and a lot of us can't have an elaborate Christmas that it is a good thing, not the whole everyone is struggling part, but it gives people the real understanding of what Christmas is all about. It is about first and foremost the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and that is what we tend to forget, it isn't just a holiday about a big Jolly man coming down the chimney or possibly the back door if you don't have a chimney, it is about rejoicing for the greatest moment that has happened in history. But, Christmas is also about loving your family and enjoying one another. A lot of people don't have someone to call a family or somewhere to call a home to celebrate this holiday, and a lot of us take what we have for granted. We should all start looking at Christmas a lot more differently than we have, it is wonderful to receive gifts and give gifts, but there is no gift that is greater than celebrating the birth of our Lord and there is no greater gift than our family. We need to put the CHRIST back in CHRISTmas!!!


So I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas, and yes I said Merry Christmas because it isn't Happy Holidays. It has been Merry Christmas for thousands and thousands of years so why change it because it might offend someone? What about me? It offends me that you want to take away MY Merry Christmas that I've been saying for 21 years. I am engaged to someone of a different religion and last time I checked it doesn't offend him when I turn to him and say Merry Christmas instead I get from him a Merry Christmas back! 








Merry Christmas to all and to all I hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment